If you suffer from allergies it will be no surprise that recent research shows exposure to cleaning products can cause wheeziness and trigger asthma. Allergen-reducing cleaning products are a potential solution to this problem.
The research published in CMAJ (Canadian Medical Association Journal) found that of all cleaning products, scented and sprayed cleaning products are the most likely to trigger a reaction. The research shows that the chemicals used in household cleaning products can damage the respiratory lining and cause inflammation. It highlights the respiratory effects on children.
In other words, the bad news is that chemical cleaning products can harm your health. The good news is that our allergen-reducing cleaning products provide an effective alternative.
Are Your Cleaning Products Making You Ill?
If you experience symptoms such as these during or after cleaning:
- Itchy, watery eyes
- Asthma attack, wheezing
- Skin rash
- Shortness of breath
It could be the ingredients in your cleaning products that are triggering inflammation.
The most common chemical culprit of asthma complaints in cleaning sprays is benzalkonium chloride, which is widely used in disinfectant sprays. Bleach and chemical air fresheners can also trigger asthma.
Added to this, the action of cleaning itself can aggravate symptoms by increasing exposure to bio-allergen triggers – dust mite faeces, pollen and pet dander.
Cleaning Products that Reduce Bio-Allergens
If you are sensitive to household cleaners, it’s a good idea to seek out alternatives.
We have ranges of home probiotic cleaning products, commercial probiotic cleaning products and fitness probiotic cleaning products. All ranges reduce both chemical exposure and improve bio-allergy management:
- Firstly, they do not contain harsh chemicals, toxins, pollutants and carcinogens, aluminium or parabens.
- Secondly, they do contain added ‘good’ bacteria (sourced from plants). These helpful probiotics safely reduce bio-allergen triggers by consuming pollen, dust mite faeces, mould and animal dander as a natural food source. They remain working on surfaces for up to three days after application, giving longer lasting results.
In addition, our Provilan probiotic eco-detergents are proven to reduce ‘bad’ bacteria (such as E. coli and C. difficile) and are effective against viruses, including the Coronavirus.
Is it Time to Replace your Cleaning Products?
It’s easy to replace your chemical cleaners with safer alternatives that don’t put you (or the person who does your cleaning if it’s not you) at unnecessary risk. Our probiotic cleaning products are formulated to be anti-allergenic without sacrificing cleaning power and they are proven to work.
Cleaning sprays and air fresheners are the leading causes of poor indoor air quality and asthma complaints in cleaning products. With this in mind, we recommend this trio:
- Probiotic Floor Cleaner protects pets and children from chemical cleaning products when they walk or sit on the floor.
- Probiotic Interior Cleaner is an all purpose cleaner for hard surfaces and windows.
- Probiotic Toilet Cleaner replaces bleach and corrosive cleaners in your bathroom.
In addition, Probiotic Air Optimiser reduces organic-based skin and respiratory allergy triggers – dust mite faeces, pollen, pet dander. Just spray directly onto soft furnishings or into the air.
Check out the ranges for workplaces, healthcare and fitness environments here:
Call us on +44 1268 544530 or send us an email at email@example.com if you have any questions. Or Shop Here.