If current trends continue, there will be a global 60% increase in cancer cases over the next twenty years. Which is bad news for all of us… But there are lots of little things we can do to play our part – even if it something as simple as switching to non-toxic cleaning products.
In 2015, The British Journal of Cancer found the lifetime risk of people born after 1960 is greater than 50%.
Last week, the World Health Organisation (WHO) outlined steps to save 7 million lives from cancer – and reduce this predicted 60% increase.
WHO recommends multiple proven strategies to prevent new cancer cases, including controlling tobacco use; Which makes sense because tobacco use is responsible for 25% of cancer deaths.
But did you know cleaning products can contain carcinogens that can make you just as ill as tobacco?
Why should I consider non-toxic cleaning products?
Fragranced products and air fresheners often contain high levels of toxic chemicals, which don’t need to be listed on the label. Some chemicals used as preservatives can release low levels of formaldehyde, which can be carcinogenic to humans. Even every day cleaners can release health-damaging chemicals and volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
This is why it is important to consider if your cleaning product choices are best for you and/or your clients and operatives when it comes to being non toxic.
Especially when the statistics are like this…
- Cleaning operatives using conventional products (excluding smokers) are 58% more likely to develop lung cancer than office workers. Ref: Ten-Year Cleaning Operatives Study.
- 10 – 20 years of cleaning work can be as damaging as smoking a pack of cigarettes a day for the same time. Ref: University of Bergen Study.
So, why are non-toxic cleaning products the better choice?
To play your part, you could make it a policy to only buy/supply non-toxic cleaning products that do not contain harmful chemicals that cause cancer.
The Provilan range of probiotic cleaning products are among the best non-toxic products available in the UK. They:
- Do not contain any carcinogens or dangerous toxins.
- Are plant-based, vegan, non-polluting and safe.
- Are A+ Indoor Air Controlled rated, meeting all safety standards and recommendations in full.
Why risk continuing to use something that could make you and others very ill? Start reducing the risk of cancer today. Contact us for more information.