There are a few industries that have been severely impacted by Coronavirus, to the extent that even now – months after lockdown has eased – they are still virtually unable to trade. As reported by CNN, the worldwide impact will be over $77bn, with over 518,000 jobs lost and $23bn in wages lost.
Some good news is, however, that some cruises are returning, albeit like many things now – with a ‘new normal’. Before boarding a recent cruise by MSC Cruises, passengers were tested for Coronavirus via a primary antigen test and a secondary molecular test. This proved a good idea as a passenger tested positive, and subsequently wasn’t allowed on board (nor the accompanying party). Additionally, passengers who’d arrived on the same transport were also denied access to board.
As frustrating as that was for both the infected passenger – and presumably more so the people who simply travelled nearby him – the reason for being so strict is obvious.
Alongside the testing, passengers must complete a health questionnaire and have their temperature taken, and other testing is regularly happening during the cruise.
In this particular case, the cruise company stepped up their cleaning methods, using hospital-grade disinfectant, and are using UV-C light technology (which kills pathogens in the air). They are also restricting capacity to 70% to enable appropriate social distancing, with all main activities on board now focused around smaller groups.
But it is not without problems; whilst several other cruise companies are now also running at lower numbers, there are still thousands of people on board these vessels, and given the speed and way in which Coronavirus spreads, it is still possible to rapidly infect many people on their holiday. Several cases recently show passengers testing positive whilst on the cruise.
This is simply because precautions are not infallible and it’s quite possible that someone could still “slip through the net”. This is where it becomes crucial to ensure the appropriate cleaning and air filtration / purification is in place to help prevent the spread as much as possible.
Introducing the Ingenious Wellness Solution
REVOLUTIONISES THE ONBOARD ENVIRONMENT – HEALTHIER, SAFER AND CLEANER
The Ingenious air purification and probiotic solution addresses post-Coronavirus challenges for enclosed environments such as cruise ships – but is equally beneficial for indoor environments such as offices, clinics and vets surgeries. Combining air purification with longer lasting cleaning products enriched with ‘good’ bacteria increases cleanliness and builds resilience to a recurrence or other infectious outbreak. This creates a more inviting environment that helps clients and staff feel more comfortable, protected and confident:
- Improves bacterial and viral infection prevention – reduces the risk of infectious diseases including Coronavirus, Norovirus, E. coli and MRSA.
- Restores healthy, varied micro-flora (the community of bacteria and other micro-organisms) and natural ecological balance. This fosters well-being and improves immunity.
- Optimises hygiene by continuously and safely cleaning indoor air, hard surfaces and high touch points at a deep microbial level:
It’s a simple, three-step process:
1. Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) is Transformed into a Delivery System for Clean, Purified, Healthy Air:
3 IN 1 HIGH GRADE AIR PURIFICATION NEUTRALISES AIRBORNE CONTAMINANTS:
- Disease-causing viruses and bacteria.
- Bio-allergens, including mould, pollen and dust mite.
- Toxic pollutants, volatile organic compounds and
- Dust/plastic particulates down to 0.3 micron.
PROBIOTIC SURFACE PURIFICATION RESTORES HEALTHY ECOLOGICAL BALANCE:
- Restores a healthy ecological micro-flora.
- Reaches hard to access, missed areas and soft furnishings – blinds, door handles, keyboards, nooks and crannies, inside ductwork.
- Enriched with beneficial ‘good’ probiotic bacteria,
naturally sourced from plants.
2. Routine Cleaning is Safer, Infection Preventing and Immune-Supporting
PROBIOTIC ECO-DETERGENTS ARE CHEMICAL-FREE, SAFE AND SUSTAINABLE:
- Cleans harmful bacteria and viruses as well as dirt.
- Includes hand soap/ floor/sanitary/surface cleaners.
- Probiotics create a healthy microbiome and continue
to work for up to 3 days after application.
3. Washable Face Coverings are More Comfortable and Fouling is Reduced
PROBIOTIC HYGIENE SPRAY INCREASES WASHABLE FACE COVERING COMPLIANCE:
- Reduces fouling – sweat, saliva, unpleasant odours.
- Reduces mask washing requirements.
- A+ rated for safety – has additional benefits for
asthma and allergy sufferers.
Whilst this is all very specific to cruise liners, the principles readily apply to office environments, veterinary practices/healthcare centres and more. Our range of products are all designed to keep you / your customers safe, and prevent the spread of illness/infection, all whilst reducing the amount of chemicals we add to the environment.