Reusable face coverings can soon feel uncomfortable and may cause problems for your skin. But face masks are mandatory in many public places and you may have to wear one all day at work to comply with the rules. EVAA+ Probiotic Face Mask Hygiene Spray helps reduce maskne and keeps your reusable face mask fresher and more hygienic.
What is Maskne?
‘Maskne’ is a derivative of ‘face mask acne’ and is not a new condition; mechanical acne caused by face mask friction has long been an issue in professions where masks are compulsory. Since Covid, maskne has become an umbrella term for all facial skin problems caused by wearing a face mask.
And it is becoming more common as masks are worn by all of us, more often and for prolonged periods of time.
What are the Symptoms of Maskne?
Maskne symptoms develop around the facial skin areas that are in constant contact with the mask. These areas can become red, sore, itchy and sensitive, and develop rashes, blemishes, blackheads and whiteheads. Sometimes, a visible circle can form around the nose, cheeks, chin and mouth, which can cause embarrassment.
Maskne is a particular problem for people who already have sensitive skin or are prone to pimples and spots, and it can develop into inflamed acne.
How Do Face Masks Cause Maskne?
Continual use of face coverings can cause facial skin problems in several ways:
- Firstly, effective face masks fit snugly to your face – but this can cause constant rubbing against your skin. This continual chafing action breaks down the natural protective layer of the skin and leads to irritation and redness.
- Secondly, the mask causes stale sweat, skin oil (sebum), organic dirt and dead skin cells to build up and block the pores of your skin. Worse still, breathing creates a warm and humid environment inside your mask, providing a perfect breeding ground for bacteria to grow.
How EVAA+ Probiotic Hygiene Spray Reduces Maskne
EVAA+ Probiotic Face Mask Hygiene Spray helps prevent maskne by keeping your reusable mask as clean and hygienic as possible. The spray is enriched with beneficial ‘good’ (probiotic) bacteria, which are naturally sourced from plants. These helpful probiotics create a protective barrier by introducing a natural, healthy micro-flora directly onto the fabric. This restores a healthy, protective balance of good (probiotic) bacteria, and reduces irritation and the inflammation that can lead to acne.
In this way, the spray also removes the build up of organic dirt, dead skin cells and stale saliva and eliminates unpleasant smells, including stale sweat.
What are the Other Benefits?
EVAA+ Probiotic Face Mask Hygiene Spray is A + rated for respiratory safety and air quality. It meets NF EN ISO 16000-9 and NF EN ISO 16000-11 (VOC) standards. Read our News Post for more information: New Probiotic Spray Improves Reusable Face Mask Hygiene.
- A+ rated for respiratory safety, non-irritating and anti-allergenic.
- Natural ingredients, chemical-free and sustainable.
- Vegan and cruelty-free with a natural Aloe Vera scent.
The spray has an anti-allergy formula, which helps reduce organic-based respiratory reactions to bio-allergens including dust mite, pollen and pet hair. Read more in our News Post: Hygiene Spray for Reusable Face Masks Helps Allergy Suffers.
To use, just spray EVAA+ Probiotic Face Mask Hygiene Spray directly onto your material face covering and allow to dry approx. 10 minutes. Re-apply 2 – 3 times a day for best results. Available as a 300ml push spray and one litre eco-friendly refill bottle.
NOTE: Only use EVAA+ Probiotic Hygiene Spray for reusable, washable, material face coverings. It is not suitable for disposable, surgical and FFP2/3 masks as wetting may affect the integrity of the mask.
Always consult your doctor or dermatologist if in doubt or if symptoms persist.
The spray increases the comfort of all fabric facial masks, including cycle masks and ski masks.
Ten Simple Tips to Reduce Maskne
- Choose a reusable mask made of soft, natural and breathable fabric.
- Wash your hands with EVAA+ Probiotic Hand Soap before putting on or removing your mask.
- Wash your face before and after wearing your face mask. EVAA+ Probiotic Hand Soap is safe and gentle enough to use on your face (although it does contain natural fruit extracts so do not use for your face if you have sensitive skin).
3. Use EVAA+ Probiotic Hygiene Spray to keep your mask clean throughout the day.
4. Wear a fresh mask every day.
5. If it is safe to do so, remove your mask for 10-15 minutes every few hours.
6. Make sure your mask fits comfortably and use the adjustable ear loops or ties to reduce rubbing.
7. Wash daily with fragrance-free, hypoallergenic laundry detergent. (Ask us about probiotic laundry detergent options.)
8. Store safely in a clean bag after washing and between uses.
9. Avoid wearing heavy make up.
10. Try not to rub or touch your face mask or facial skin unnecessarily.
Interested in Finding Out More?
If you would like to find out more about how probiotic products can help maskne, please get in touch. Call 01268 544530 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Or buy EVAA+ Probiotic Hygiene Spray now:
If you are a supplier or stockist, contact us to discuss distributor and wholesale options. This is a simple way to increase mask hygiene, comfort and compliance.