As we gear up to the (almost) return to normality – we have to still bear in mind that things are ‘not normal’. The virus is receding, which is fantastic, but it’s largely doing so because of social distancing, constant and thorough cleaning, and other precautions.
As you return to your offices, something you should strongly consider is the air quality. Indoor air pollution from chemical cleaning products (over the long term) contributes to health problems; And it’s always been a problem – long before Coronavirus – that co-workers can spread illnesses among themselves, especially in confined spaces.
With the focus now heavily on preventing the spread of Coronavirus and further economic damage, it’s absolutely crucial you do everything you can to help prevent the spread. This is where we introduce Ingenious Air Purification, which removes airborne viruses and pathogenic bacteria using three powerful technologies in one system:
- High Grade Filtration firstly removes airborne pollution, dust and plastic particulates.
- Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation (UVGI) using Ultraviolet light 10,000 times the intensity of sunlight then neutralises microorganisms too small to be filtered out by the filter. It irradiates viruses and bacteria (including Coronavirus, influenza, common colds, Tuberculosis, Legionella, E. coli, Pseudomonas, MSSA and C. difficile) as well as allergens – including pollen, dust mite and mould. This system was first used as an accepted practice in the mid-20th century, and has continued to be used since because it is so effective.
- Photo Catalytic Oxidisation (PCO), which is a process of using a catalyst energised by UV light, then removes carcinogens and Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) toxins. VOCs are numerous, varied, and found everywhere. They are in both man-made and naturally occurring chemical compounds and most scents and odours. VOC toxins are typically not acutely toxic, but long-term exposure can cause health problems.
We have been working with the same air purification manufacturer for 14 years. Our In-Room Portable High Grade Air Purification version (which is now back in stock) is an absolutely must-have for any office environment. It’s an easy way to provide your office/building with protection, not just from Coronavirus but from all types of airborne threats. This has long and short term health benefits and can reduce sick days and the need for medication.
The added benefit is that once we are past the Coronavirus pandemic you can continue using the air purification system to maintain a healthier, more comfortable and more enjoyable office environment (and subsequently have a healthier workforce).
A study in the European Heart Journal last year reported that poor air quality in Europe contributed to at least 790,000 extra deaths per year. This stark fact, combined with the Coronavirus pandemic concerns means now is the best time to do all you can to protect yourself and those you are responsible for.
You can also view a Case Study showing how Ingenious Air Purification achieved ISO 7 Cleanroom standards in an IVF clinic here and a Research Study showing a 95% reduction in 2.5micron particulate indoor pollution here.
The Key Benefits:
- Creates a healthier environment and cleaner air. Does not create Ozone.
- Protects against the airborne spread of diseases – viral and bacterial.
- Protects against the long term health damage from pollution.
- Produces fast and effective results. Air quality tests show VOC reduction of 80% in two hours and bacterial reduction reduced below the level of detection in under three hours.
- Increases energy efficiency of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems by reducing the build-up of mould and dirt on evaporator cooling coils and heat exchanger surfaces.
- Reduces duct cleaning requirements by eliminating the build-up of mould and dirt on duct linings.
- Reduces costs by combining three technologies into one product.
- Cheap to run as it costs only a few pence to operate 24 hours a day.
The Air Purification unit always operates at maximum efficiency as built-in electronic service lights indicate when to change filters and ultraviolet lamp thirty days in advance. Maintenance costs are low as the ultraviolet lamp (approx. once a year) and the filter (approx. once every six months) can be changed in less than five minutes, without the need for tools. The titanium oxide mesh is self-cleaning and does not need to be replaced unless physically damaged.